POSITION AVAILABLE @ KAPISANAN:VIDEO PRODUCTION INTERN
Video Production at Kapisanan. Photo by Rene Sevilla.
It's a new year at Kapisanan, which means another year of exciting programming and events! We like to make memories and share memories, so we need your help with documenting and preserving the good times coming up at the K! Fancy yourself an aspiring director? Become a storyteller through film by exercising your creativity and skills through a Video Production Internship. With 2013 chock-full of varied events, you might wind up with a director's reel at the end!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Kapisanan is seeking interns for its video production team. Interns will play a key role in helping add to and refine the growing video library for our centre. The video production and post-production internship provides a learning experience during which interns participate in all aspects of video production and post-production. During this program you will have an opportunity to enhance your skills while working under the direction of a mentor. This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience in the video production industry with a vibrant and growing professional organization!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A creative problem-solver
- Pays high attention to detail
- Highly motivated and is a self-starter
- Organized, responsible and professional, with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assisting in filming by arranging lighting, camera, and other production equipment
- Assisting in scheduling shoots, such as organizing location availability, and cast and crew arrivals
- Assisting in equipment pick-ups and drop-offs
- Creating and writing new and exciting content
- Editing, compiling, uploading, and publishing both new and previously shot video content on a variety of platforms, such as web and DVD
- Potentially some work in front of the camera
- Actively participating in the day-to-day operations of a non-profit organization
Stage managers Dwayne Fundano and Thomas Lorayes at Carlos Celdran’s Livin’ La Vida Imelda. Photo by Rene Sevilla.
WE ARE SEEKING A DYNAMIC, COMMITTEED YOUNG PERSON WHO:
- Shows interest in filming and editing video segments
- Familiar with basic digital video recording (training will be initially provided by Kapisanan mentor)
- Familiar with basic video editing software (training will be initially provided in Final Cut by Kapisanan mentor)
- Familiar with Web video publishing tools and specifications (training will be initially provided by Kapisanan mentor)
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Keen interest or some background in the arts and culture production
- Adept in using social media, i.e., Twitter and Facebook
- Equipped with own digital camera, laptop/MacBook/or iPad
- Has access to a car (not a requirement; however is an asset)
Start date: Immediately
Number of Positions: 2
Work schedule: 2 days/week (Wednesdays and Thursdays, 12pm – 8pm, negotiable) for a 6-month commitment. Attendance to special Kapisanan events is also required. We are willing to work with a university or college to arrange academic credit or high school co-op placement.
THIS POSITION IS UNPAID – Your payment is real world experience, mentorship from professionals, and/or placement credit.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Video Production Intern” in the subject by e-mail, or in person to:
CAROLINE MANGOSING Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org 167 Augusta Ave. Toronto, ON (2 blocks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application: 416.979.0600
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30, 2013 at 5pm.
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Housed inside Toronto’s Kensington Market district is Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture’s 3500 sq ft headquarters. We are youth-led incorporated, non-profit organization that gives all Filipino-Canadian youth (kahit na bagong dating o dito na sa Canada pinanganak!) opportunities to cultivate a positive sense of cultural identity and leadership potential. We strive to provide an amazing stage for Filipino-Canadian talent(in any sector) to shine! Through mentorship community-based arts workshops and programs and presentations, KAPISANAN creates a safe space for Filipino-Canadian youth to explore Filipino culture and heritage, fostering pride and self-confidence, inspiring and empowering them to realize their full potential.
Our amazing multi-purpose facility is also available for rentals.
Armed with an appetite for creative endeavours and community advancement, here at the K, we eat art and inspiration.
Come, you eat now.