Hey, Filipino youth! Are you interested in Arts Management and Spoken Word? Agincourt Community Services Association (ASCA) is looking for a youth mentee to support the development of a Spoken Word E-book as well as to support the end of project art showcase.
Dorset Park Multi Expressions Youth Mentee Position Type: Part Time Contract, 10 weeks Hourly rate: $10.46 an hour, 2 hours a week
ACSA is a multi service not for profit agency located in Scarborough. ACSA is currently looking for a youth mentee to support the “Multi Expressions” program. “Multi Expressions” is an arts-based and wellness-capacity building program that builds the resilience of youth by capturing the youths’ individual strengths and personal stories through various art mediums. We are currently looking for an individual to support the creation of a Spoken Word E book as well as supporting the implementation of the end of year Art Event/Celebration.
- Assist and work closely with Project Facilitator;
- Be responsible for taking the Spoken Word pieces of the youth and developing an E book;
- Organize the paper documents of the youth attending the workshop, photo permission forms, sign in sheet, etc;
- Work with youth, Project Facilitator and partners in organizing the showcase. This includes a variety of tasks from outreach, to securing space, to determining an agenda for the event;
- Document the art showcase. A camera will be assigned to youth mentee;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Program Facilitator and Manager.
- Strong computer skills (word, publisher, photoshop, etc)
- Interested in youth engagement;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to facilitate positive youth development ;
- Proven leadership and team work skills;
- Ability to work both independently (self-directed), but also able to collaborate effectively with other team members, and multi-task in a creative, dynamic environment;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Current resident of Dorset Park is an asset;
Interested applicants are requested to quote Multi Expressions Youth Mentee in the subject line of their email.
Thank you to all applicants for your interest in the position. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply: Laura Harper Manager of Community Engagement Phone: No phone calls please Email: firstname.lastname@example.org