Work at KAPISANAN
Major Gifts Officer
Location: Downtown Toronto
Employment Type: Contract
The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for the leadership, management and growth of a portfolio of donors of various giving levels. This includes the research, identification, cultivation, development, solicitation and stewardship of prospects of gifts, donor pledges. Interfacing with the Executive Director, Managing Director, donors and the community at large, the successful candidate will also have excellent written communication skills as required for preparing briefing materials, gift proposals, impact reports, annual solicitation letters, donor correspondence, e-newsletter articles and presentation materials for donor meetings.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Course work in philanthropy, communications, marketing or business
- Experience in philanthropy, with preference in major gifts
- Familiarity with fundraising management and strategic planning
- AFP membership, CFRE is an asset
A successful fund development manager with experience in not-for-profit fundraising and has well-documented accomplishments.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct fundraising activities
- Ability to formulate and express ideas and concepts clearly and concisely
- Personable, confident, self-directed, and results-oriented
- Ethical, sincere, open and honest
- Capable of motivating individuals and groups
- Articulate – effective written and oral communications
- Motivated, innovative; computer literate
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
1. Executive Director
1. Foundation Volunteers involved in major and legacy gift program
Please email your resume with cover letter to: by 4:30 p.m. November 7, 2014. We appreciate all applications to this position. Only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.