KAPISANAN is seeking vibrant leaders to serve on our Board of Directors. We are looking for professionals with legal, accounting, business development backgrounds.
All people with a heart for our mandate, mission, and a willingness to spend 10-12 hours per month, both attending board meetings and providing support and governance to maintain our growing organization, are encouraged to apply.
The Board of Directors is the governing body and legal authority of Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture.
Purpose and Role of a Board Director
To act as a voting member of the board with full authority and responsibility to:
- Govern, not manage, the Organization, as it is the Executive Director’s responsibility to manage;
- Oversee the Organization’s financial health, programs and overall performance;
- Provide the Executive Director with the resources to meet the needs of those the Organization serves.
Individual Board Member's Responsibilities and Requirements
- Lead in business development opportunities for the organization;
- Lead in fundraising initiatives, particularly engaging high level donors;
- Support the organization through a personal financial contribution;
- Regularly attend monthly board meetings and applicable committee meetings as needed, including ALL Kapisanan special events and board retreats;
- Come to board meetings well-prepared and well-informed about issues on the agenda;
- Participation in the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and other meetings of the membership;
- Build a collegial working relationship with fellow Board Directors that contributes to consensus;
- Become knowledgeable about Kapisanan's role in the community and be sensitive to the social, political, and cultural factors affecting the organization;
- Become knowledgeable about Board governance including policy, finance, programs, human resources, fundraising, and community relations;
- Contribute to defining the Organization’s strategic directions and approve of its strategic plan;
- Represent the Kapisanan's Mission and Vision in the community;
- Represent Kapisanan to individuals, the public, and other organizations in areas of Filipino arts, culture, and youth issues;
- Assume board leadership roles when asked or necessary;
- Keep the Executive Director informed about any concerns the community has;
- Elect the Board Executive Officers as needed;
- Review Board and self-reflect on own performance periodically;
- Review the bylaws, and recommend bylaw changes to the membership;
- Availability to serve the required term of office of a minimum of two (2) years.
Please forward a letter of interest and resume highlighting relevant qualifications and experience, indicating “Board Director” in the subject by e-mail to: The KAPISANAN Board of Directors | firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. However, only those who are to be interviewed will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please.