It's that time again, KAPISANAN is getting for the 9TH ANNUAL KULTURA FILIPINO ARTS FESTIVAL. Bigger than ever, KULTURA will be going on from August 7th - 10th!
We’re looking for reliable, outgoing and enthusiastic volunteers to join our KULTURA team!
KULTURA is Kapisanan’s signature annual summer Filipino arts festival, this fun filled event will ensure to bring a cultural experience to you and your family! KULTURA will consist of the following:
- "Get Nostalgic" Filipino fundraising dinner with Chef Rudy Boquila (Lamesa) & Chef Basilio Pesce (Porzia)
- visual arts exhibition of our flag-ship CLUTCH & NAVIGATION cultural emersion program
- a spoken word & poetry showcase with established Filipino-Canadian Poets and emerging poets from KAPISANAN's poetry program, PSL (Poetry as a Second Language)
- a guided mock tour of INTRAMUROS with the one and only Carlos Celdran, and of course, our yearly Philippine Culinary Competition. Many things are going on, and we will definitely need your help to bring KULTURA to life!
This is a great opportunity to fill in your community hours for school or even just to immerse yourself in the rich, vibrant Filipino community around Toronto! KAPISANAN can sign-off your mandatory community hours to graduate from high school, while also giving you the chance to learn our Pinoy ways. Spread the word and also let your friends join in on the fun while also helping out!
We’d love to meet you and chat about how you can get involved at the festival! Come meet your fellow volunteers at the Volunteer Orientation on July 23rd, 2014 from 5:00pm - 6:00pm. Tell us about your interests, and what you’re good at–we can definitely maximize your potential through this volunteer experience.
For this year, we have a few things lined up. Here’s a brief overview of when we’ll be needing extra hands for:
- Wednesday July 23 4pm at KAPISANAN HQ (167 Augusta Ave) for the volunteer orientation
- 1-2 days in July to commit to KULTURA Street Team
- (Wednesday August 6) for CLUTCH/NAVIGATION art hang
- We’ll definitely need your help on August 10th, so please mark those days off on your calendar way in advance!
Optional and Additional dates:
- August 7th — "Get Nostalgic" Fundraising Dinner
- August 7th — CLUTCH/NAV Art Exhibition
- August 8th — PSL Showcase
- August 9th - "IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK" Mock Tour
- August 10th - KULTURA Live! Kain Kalye: Regional Street Eats Competition
We would need your help for the following positions:
- Street Team: prior to festival (go to schools, Filipino neighbourhoods to flyer, etc.)
- Set-up and Clean-up
- Guest/Customer Service + Info Booth
- Front of House: Ticketing, Email Sign-up Sheet, etc.
- Assist in mounting art exhibit
Come help us get the Filipino community together and bring KULTURA to life ! We are looking for active bodies who can volunteer their time to help us put up another successful summer festival this year!
Drop us a line at email@example.com with the subject line “Kultura 2013 Volunteer” and let us know your availability. Or you’re more than welcome to visit us at 167 Augusta Ave. on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12-8pm.