FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR @ KAPISANAN
REPORTS TO: Kapisanan Staff: Executive Director and Managing Director
FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR will be working along side the Executive Director and Managing Director
The Fundraising Coordinator will provide leadership in the planning, implementation and evaluation in all KAPISANAN development efforts and fundraisers, which includes coordinating necessary interns and volunteers. The Fundraising Coordinator will also be a local liaison and representative for KAPISANAN within Toronto, and will be expected to represent the organization in a responsible and ethical manner that is consistent with KAPISANAN’s objectives and overall ideology.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a dynamic, committed person who is:
- Well-organized and self-motivated
- Background in the arts and culture production.
- In-depth understanding of Filipino & Filipino-Canadian culture, experience, and struggles or have strong interest in learning the culture
- Background in Fundraising, Event Planning, Public Relations, or related fields
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Conduct the day-to-day operational management and implementation of all activities pertaining to fund development and fundraising
- Generate new ideas and opportunities to increase fundraising and fund development.
- Lead in planning and coordination of established annual fundraising event, and maintain ongoing fundraising programs to support the work of KAPISANAN into the future
- Develop and maintain revenue and expense reports for all fundraiser events/initiatives
- Search and research potential private and public funding to apply for
- Build and maintain relationships with donors and create and maintain a donor database
- Communicate regularly with KAPISANAN Staff on the status of the tasks assigned.
- Engaging and managing interns, and volunteers to assist as necessary
- Be organized, responsible, and professional, with the ability to function as a team member.
- Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Perform any other duties, carry out any other requests as directed by the Executive Director and Managing Director
Start date: IMMEDIATELY
Work schedule: 2 days/week (which days are flexible) for a 6 months commitment. We are willing to work with a university or college to arrange academic credit or high school co-op placement.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Fundraising Coordinator” in the subject by e-mail or in person to:
Caroline Mangosing – Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org 167 Augusta Ave. Toronto, ON (2 blocks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application 416.979.0600
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is April 30, 2014
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
About KAPISANAN Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture (or KAPISANAN or The K) is Canada’s premiere Filipino-Canadian arts & cultural facility located in Toronto.
Housed inside Toronto’s Kensington Market district is Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture’s 3500 sq ft headquarters. We are youth-led incorporated charitable organization with an inter-generational sphere. Our mission is to promote the social and professional development of Filipino youth, artists, and entrepreneurs, using Filipino culture and knowledge-of-self as a foundation for empowerment — for the whole community!
Filipinos are the 4th largest visible minority group in the GTA. That’s 3% of Toronto’s population! Since 2005, the K has established itself as a multi-disciplinary hub where mentors exhilarate inspiration and strive to provide an amazing stage for Filipino-Canadian talent(in any sector) to shine! We explore performance, visual and literary arts, music, film/video, entrepreneurship, and so much more, by means of career mentorship, arts and Filipino cultural workshops and programs, and events.
Armed with an appetite for creative endeavors and community advancement, here at the K, we eat art and inspiration.