All people with a heart for our mandate, mission, and a willingness to spend 6-12 hours per month, both attending board meetings and assisting with helping govern and maintain our growing organization are encouraged to apply.
Read more for details on how to apply.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Regularly attends board meetings and important related meetings;
- Oversee finances of the organization;
- To work with staff to administrate fiscal matters of the organization;
- To work with staff to provides annual budget to the board for members’ approval;
- To work with staff to design financial reports and ensure that reports are accurate and timely;
- To advise staff on financial priorities and information systems, and report to the board any financial irregularities, concerns, opportunities;
- Ensures development and board review of financial policies and procedures;
- Chair the Finance Committee and leads committee matters, prepare well for meetings, and review and comment on minutes and reports;
- Volunteers for and willingly accepts assignments and completes them thoroughly and on time;
- Gets to know other committee and Board members and builds a collegial working relationship that contributes to consensus;
- Is an active participant in evaluating and planning efforts for the AGM;
- Participates in fundraising for the organization.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “Board Treasurer” in the subject by e-mail, or in person to:
CAROLINE MANGOSING Executive Director email@example.com 167 Augusta Ave. Toronto, ON (2 blocks West of Spadina, North off Dundas)
Please call ahead if you are dropping off your application: 416.979.0600
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is Thursday, May 1st at 5 p.m. EXTENDED to Wednesday, May 14th at 5 p.m.
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
About KAPISANAN Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture (or KAPISANAN or The K) is Canada’s premiere Filipino-Canadian arts & cultural facility located in Toronto.
Housed inside Toronto’s Kensington Market district is Kapisanan Philippine Centre for Arts & Culture’s 3500 sq ft headquarters. We are youth-led incorporated charitable organization with an inter-generational sphere. Our mission is to promote the social and professional development of Filipino youth, artists, and entrepreneurs, using Filipino culture and knowledge-of-self as a foundation for empowerment — for the whole community!
Filipinos are the 4th largest visible minority group in the GTA. That’s 3% of Toronto’s population! Since 2005, the K has established itself as a multi-disciplinary hub where mentors exhilarate inspiration and strive to provide an amazing stage for Filipino-Canadian talent(in any sector) to shine! We explore performance, visual and literary arts, music, film/video, entrepreneurship, and so much more, by means of career mentorship, arts and Filipino cultural workshops and programs, and events.
Armed with an appetite for creative endeavors and community advancement, here at the K, we eat art and inspiration.