WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
KAPISANAN is seeking a motivated individual to assist in product development/design, marketing, sales and other day-to-day operations of VINTA.
The VINTA Fashion Internship provides a learning experience during which the intern will actively participate in fashion product development, design, costing, marketing (including market research), sales and day-to-day operations of the retail gallery.
This is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience in the retail and fashion industry with a vibrant and growing professional organization!
The VINTA Intern will report to KAPISANAN Managing Director and VINTA Creative Director. The VINTA Intern will be highly organized, have a willingness to learn, and have a keen interest in the Filipino culture and heritage and most of all, FASHION!
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS:
- A creative problem-solver
- Pays high attention to detail
- Highly motivated and is a self-starter
- Organized, responsible and professional, with the ability to work independently and as a team member
- Good organizational and time-management skills; able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working 24 hours per week, off and on site, and shifts in the retail gallery
- Help organize and attend Special/VIP Events as needed
- Assist with media relations and press releases
- Manage social media Facebook Page, Twitter, Instagram
- Assisting with product development, design, and administration of overseas production
- Carry out all responsibilities in a professional, timely and effective manner with high quality of work
WE ARE SEEKING A DYNAMIC, COMMITTED YOUNG PERSON WHO:
- Has a keen interest in fashion/retail business environment
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or Equivalent Design Software, plus basic Microsoft Office applications an asset
- Adept in using Twitter, Social Media links online store and Blogger Dashboards
- Equipped with own laptop/MacBook/or Ipad.
Start date: Immediately
Work schedule: 24 hours per week for a 3-month commitment.
THIS POSITION IS PAID. Applicant must be between the ages of 16-29 and be currently unemployed to qualify for the program. Full-time students are not eligible.
Please send your resume and cover letter indicating “VINTA Fashion Intern” in the subject by e-mail to:
CAROLINE MANGOSING Executive Director email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS is November 27, 2013, 5pm
KAPISANAN is an equal opportunity employer. Only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.