KAPISANAN is preparing for the 8TH ANNUAL KULTURA FILIPINO ARTS FESTIVAL. This will be the largest yet, and it will be on August 7-11th!
We’re looking for reliable, outgoing and enthusiastic volunteers! Hop on the Kapisanan jeepney and join in on the fun!
KULTURA is Kapisanan’s signature annual summer festival, and we’re planning big things that will bring you, your tito, and tita too! There will be a visual art exhibit, a theatre program, a Filipino food fundraiser, a live music & performance stage, and the Philippine Culinary Competition. Lots of things happening, and we will definitely need a lot of hands to make things happen!
This is a great opportunity to fill in your community hours for school while immersing yourself in the rich, vibrant Filipino community in Toronto! KAPISANAN can sign-off on your mandatory community hours to graduate from high school. Let your schoolmates and friends in on the fun and volunteer, the more the merrier!
We’d love to meet you before the festival! Come meet your fellow volunteers at the Volunteer Orientation on Thursday July 4th at 6:00 p.m. Let us know your interests, and what you’re good at--we can definitely maximize your potential through this volunteer experience.
For this year, we have a few things lined up. Here’s a brief overview of when we’ll need volunteers:
- 1-2 days in July to commit to KULTURA Street Team
- 1 day of choice (July 31st, August 1st or August 2nd) for CLUTCH art hang
- We'll need your help on both August 10th and 11th, so please mark those days off on your calendar way in advance!
Optional and Additional dates:
- August 6th and 7th -- Bayanihan: An Interactive Art Installation at Artscape Daniels Spectrum
- August 9th -- CLUTCH Art Opening
- August 11th -- KULTURA Live! and Philippine Culinary Competition: Street Food Edition/Kain Kalye
We would need your help for the following positions:
- Street Team: prior to festival (go to schools, Filipino neighbourhoods to flyer, etc.)
- Set-up and Clean-up
- Guest/Customer Service + Info Booth
- Front of House: Ticketing, Email Sign-up Sheet, etc.
- Assist in mounting art exhibit
Volunteering is your best bet to get good karma points for the rest of the year! We are looking for active bodies and eager beavers who can volunteer their time to help us realize our dream of putting up another great summer festival!
Drop us a line at email@example.com with the subject line “Kultura 2013 Volunteer” and let us know your availability. Or you’re more than welcome to visit us at 167 Augusta Ave. on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 12-8pm.
Come join the fun! We’re excited for you to join the KAPISANAN family!