Forwarding along a news item from our community partner, Carlos Bulosan Theatre. If you're a new or emerging playwright with an idea, or work in development, this is a great way to keep the momentum going, and get some sustanance. More information after the jump.
Calling all playwrights and theatre creators!
Carlos Bulosan Theatre is now accepting applications for the Ontario Arts Council’s Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program. This program is designed to help fund the creation of new work by Ontario-based artists.
CBT invites both new and emerging artists/play creators to submit applications. In keeping with CBT’s mandate to nurture and develop artists in the community, a priority will given to Filipino-Canadian artists. CBT encourages a wide variety of approaches to creating theatre, including theatre that integrates multiple arts forms (poetry, music, movement, etc.). Preference will, therefore, also be given to artists interested in exploring an experimental or multidisciplinary approach to creating theatre, as well as those who choose to work collectively.
Applicants may request a minimum of $1000 to a maximum of $5000.
Applicants are asked to submit 3 copies of the following:
- A bio(s) or CV(s) that demonstrates where the applicant(s) is in their career as an artist
- A letter of proposal outlining the theatrical story/idea they would like to develop, and why this story is important for the artist to tell
- Development history of the project if relevant
- A script sample of the work they are interested in developing OR a creative writing sample (this can include dialogue, poetry, prose, short story, etc…).
- For multidisciplinary projects, applicants will be asked to include any relevant support materials (cds, dvds, artwork etc…)
- A budget proposal
- One copy of the completed OAC application form
Applicants can find the application form, as well as information on eligibility and program guidelines by going to the OAC Website (http://www.arts.on.ca/Page86.aspx).
The deadline for submissions is Friday, November 21, 2008.
Submissions should be sent to:
Carlos Bulosan Theatre 167 Augusta Avenue Toronto, ON M5T 2L4
No submissions by fax or email please.